Becoming a Volunteer
If you are an advocate for education and enjoy investing in young people, consider volunteering with us. There are a wide range of opportunities to work alongside and support our staff and students.
The following guidelines are to assist potential volunteers in understand what behavior is expected. Volunteers are considered role models and must abide by all Billy Penn policies.
A volunteer must:
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Complete a Volunteer Application.
- Complete a screening process, authorizing Billy Penn to do background checks, reference checks and a possible interview.
- Make a time commitment of at least three months and a minimum of five hours per week.
- Attend volunteer orientation.
- Participate in any required volunteer trainings.
- Sign the Confidentiality and Proprietary Agreement and Volunteer Agreement and agree to follow the Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Involves working Billy Penn staff to support end of day programs and/or tutoring participants in grades 7-12. Volunteers are welcome to apply in the following areas: math, science, writing, technology. In addition, volunteers may support with hands on activities in a classroom setting. Volunteers may also be asked to supervise special events and activities.
Help Billy Penn staff with a variety of administrative duties. Can include the following: telephone support, data entry, typing, filing, organizing, and general administrative support. Volunteers may also be asked to supervise special events and activities.